This week sees the first wholesale mistletoe sales in Tenbury Wells, and so it’s about time I started posting more regularly in the Mistletoe Diary.
So, what might be covered in the winter 2013/14 mistletoe season? Current plans include
- Mistletoe Markets and Fairs – they’re not just in Tenbury you know…
- A bit more on archaeological aspects of mistletoe
- A druid ceremony or two
- This year’s crop of mistletoe-themed Christmas cards
- Texas – home of much of the Christmas mistletoe used in the USA – but is there or is there not a shortage?
- 19th century mistletoe harvesting
- Loki (the Norse deity), mistletoe, and Joanne Harris’ new novel (is mistletoe mentioned?)
- Mistletoe cancer therapy revisited
- The Mistletoe Bride (yes, again!), and Kate Mosse’s new story collection
- Mistletoe rustling, past and present
- My favourite comic song about mistletoe
- Plus the largest mistletoe in the world…
Starting soon, though not necessarily in the order above, so do keep watching….
And here’s a brief seasonal commercial:
Looking for unusual mistletoe-themed presents this Christmas?
Try The English Mistletoe Shop for Grow-Kits, Grow-Kit Gift Cards, Books etc, and mistletoe of course.
Or go direct to Amazon to buy A little Book About Mistletoe – in paperback or Kindle formats